When it comes to making cool shit and getting things DONE. There is nobody like my dad. He taught me that you should LOVE you job and that you should be passionate about everything you do. I decided to do an interview with him while I was home for the holidays. This one runs a bit longer than the other MCS vids, but I think there is some solid information in here about loving what you do, staying productive, and getting your ass out of bed each morning for something more than a paycheck (spoiler alert: It’s your family).
Achieving Your Childhood Dreams
If you haven’t heard of Randy Pausch, it’s time you get familiar. His straight forward talks about how to achieve your childhood dreams and how to better manage your time are super entertaining and educational as hell. He really explains how he Made Cool Shit and how to get past some of the “Brick Walls” that people and society put up to try and stop you. He even talks a bit about being an Imagineer at Disney, (which was one of my childhood dreams).
Yeah, each movie is about an hour long, but here is a tip. Try watching these videos tonight instead of watching reality crap or formulaic dramas on TV. Trust me, you will be way more entertained and educated at the end of one of Randy’s talks that you will be at the end of “So you think you can Dance”.
Randy = Inspiration
The 10 Big Ideas to success
- Optimism – Control your mind. Worry about what is under your control.
- Vision – Everything is created twice. First in your head, then in real life.
- Self Awareness – What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Goals – Write these down.
- Action – Show up and make it. There is hard work in everything.
- Energy – Be healthy. Go work out will ya? Be financially healthy, produce more than you consume.
- Wisdom – Never stop learning. You don’t ever know everything.
- Love – First Yourself. Family, friends.
- Courage – No more fear! Just do it!
- Spirit – Align to whatever is bigger. Nature? Life? God?